GPD in the Morris Herald News for Melissa's Closet & Crystal's Jewelry Box
Godley Park District was once again the host site for Melissa's Closet & Crystal's Jewelry Box. There was such a great turnout this year, and we are proud to be part of the event.
Godley Park District to No Longer Accept Electronics Recycling
Due to changes in the collection service and markets for the materials, Will County and Godley Park District will be closing the residential electronic recycling site on Monday, Feb. 15. If you have an electronic device to recycle after the closure, please visit www.willcountrygreen.com for a list of options. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to continue to serve your traditional recycling needs. Traditional Recycling will be accepted Monday through Friday from 8:30am-4:00pm and Saturday from 8:30am-12:00pm.
- Bag shredded paper.
- Bring all residential or business generated recyclable materials to the drop-off site during operational hours.
- Remove materials from your vehicle.
- Empty plastic bags (excluding bags of shredded paper) of recyclables into the dumpster.
- Close lids to prevent blowing of materials or litter issues.
- DO NOT TAKE any items that have already been dropped off. Once items have been placed in the box they are part of the Recycling Program
Exciting news about the Godley Route 66 Mining Museum! Together with the help of the Board of Commissioners from the Village, Park District, and the Museum Curator, Monica Mack, updates and improvements were made to the museum. Stop by and explore the museum while enjoying the new improvements. You'll find signs donated by Route 66 Scenic Byways, a bench for relaxing, plants, shrubs, and trees. We were able to install sidewalks that are ADA accessible and make drainage improvements around the museum to prevent future flooding. Thank you to everyone who helped make this project a reality. Because of you, future generations will be able to experience the history of Godley and the mining industry.
Looking for a great Christmas gift? Godley Park District’s cookbook is now on sale! Books are $10 each. Proceeds will benefit the Friends of the Godley Park District Animals.